Address: Department of Bioengineering, University of California Riverside
Material Science and Engineering MSE 223, 900 University Ave. Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (+1) 858-281-9875 Fax: (+1) 858-534-4974
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Web: https://palermolab.com Outreaching: https://WeLoveMolecularDynamics.com
Education and Professional Experience
- 2018/07–present – University of California Riverside (USA). Assistant Professor of Bioengineering and Chemistry
- 2016/02–2018/06 – University of California San Diego (USA). Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Advanced post-doctoral fellow in biophysics. Advisor: Prof. J. Andrew McCammon.
- 2013/10–2015/12 – École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, EPFL (CH). Postdoctoral scientist in Computational Biochemistry and Chemistry. Advisor: Prof. Ursula Rothlisberger.
- 2013/04 – Italian Institute of Technology and University of Genova (IT). PhD in Computational Drug Discovery and Development, Doctoral School of Life and Human Technologies. Advisor: Dr. Marco De Vivo.
- 2009/03 – University of Salerno (IT). Master Degree Summa Cum Laude (110/110 con lode) in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technologies
Honors and Awards
- 2022/03 – ACS OpenEye Outstanding Junior Faculty Award in Computational Chemistry
- 2022/01 – NSF CAREER Award
- 2021/09 – Corwin Hansch Award to outstanding scientists under 40, for significant contributions to the field of computational drug design. Hansch-Fujita Foundation
- 2021/09 – Featured in the 2021 J. Am. Chem. Soc. Early Career Investigators Issue
- 2021/06 – First place prize at the 2021 RNA Society Arts and Music competition
- 2018/09 – Featured in the 2018 J. Am. Chem. Soc. Early Career Investigators Issue
- 2018/02 – Nominee for the “Future of Biophysics Burroughs Wellcome Fund Symposium” at the 62nd Biophysical Society Meeting, San Francisco (USA).
- 2017/11 – HPCwire Best Use of HPC in Life Sciences 2017.
- 2017/02 – First place prize at the Art and Science image contest to the 61st Biophysical Society meeting, New Orleans, USA ($500).
- 2016/02 – Swiss National Science Foundation post-doctoral award.
- 2014–2015 – Travel awards from: (1) Biophysical Society’s Committee for Professional Opportunities for Women, Biophysical Society National Meeting, Baltimore, USA ($500); (2) Institute of Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM, $1,500); (3) Centre Européen de Calcul Atomique et Molécolaire (CECAM), Lausanne, CH.